Our cats need stuff, too! This list is updated on a regular basis.
Looking for an easy way to give our cats a gift?
Our shelter is always in need of essential resources, including cat food, litter, sheets and towels, batteries, and many other supplies. Please see below for a list of acceptable donations. If you have questions about whether we need something, call us at 773-262-4000, or see our Amazon wishlists below for detailed lists of our current needs.
You can drop off in kind donations in person at our shelter during the below hours or mail them to us!
Tree House Humane Society
7225 N Western Ave
Chicago, IL 60645
At front desk: Wednesday – Sunday, noon – 6 p.m.
In our donation bins: Monday and Tuesday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Please note: while we’d love to accept everything at any time, it’s important that our staff is on hand to preserve and sort through donations promptly. Please visit our front desk when we’re open!
- Delicious kitty food: Friskies and Fancy Feast!
- Canned tuna for our trapping support
- Dog food for our pantry partners
We Can Accept
New or Open
- Dry cat food (any brand)
- Wet cat food (any brand)
- Dry dog food (any brand)
- Cat litter (any brand)
- Cat and dog treats (any brand)
- Cat toys
- Prescription foods (any type)
- Bags of fluids (still be wrapped in plastic)
- Insulin syringes (U-100 only)
- Revolution flea/tick preventative
- For cats or dogs!
We also accept…
- Human-sized bath towels
- Please no blankets, comforters, fitted sheets, etc.
- Hard-sided pet carriers in good condition
- TRUCatch Traps
- Non-expired medications and supplements (see below)
We Can’t Accept
- Non U-100 needles/syringes
- Controlled substance medications
- Chemotherapy agents/medications
- Cytotec or Misoprostol medications
- Used cat trees, beds, litter boxes, toys, or scratchpads
Don’t have things to donate but still want to give? Our cats keep wishlists!
Favorite Toys. For enrichment, socialization, behavior, and fun!
Kitten Supplies. Our kittens don’t get baby showers, but this is the next best thing.
General Supplies. There are some standards we can’t live without.
Questions? Call us at 773-262-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org