CURRENT COMMUNITY EVENTS
Riley’s Lemonade Stand
Riley, a student at Northside Catholic Academy, is hosting a lemonade stand every Saturday for the month of May! Her travelling stand, staffed by herself and friends, will also be accepting in-kind donations for us. We love Riley’s idea so much, we named a drink after her at our Cat Cafe! Find Riley at the locations below, and start summer off the Tree House way.
OBERWEIS ICE CREAM – MAY 22
Your sweet tooth can support Tree House in more ways than one! Join Team Tree House by ordering some ice cream from Oberweis on May 22nd. RSVP on our GroupRaise page and 20% of the proceeds will go straight to us. Make your plans while you contemplate which delicious flavor you might take home.
Host a Tree House Event
If you are a supporter of Tree House and want to do more for us on your own time, you can raise funds for our mission by hosting your own special events. In order to enhance the success of third-party events while protecting our brand, our donors, and our sponsors, the following policies must be observed:
- Fundraisers which benefit Tree House must reflect positively on its mission. Tree House reserves the right to decline any fundraising proposal that is not in line with our mission.
- The third-party fundraiser is responsible for all vendor agreements, contracts, insurance and necessary permits for the event. Tree House will not assume any legal or financial liability for a third-party event.
- Tree House reserves the right to approve any co-beneficiaries.
- Tree House reserves the right to cancel the event at any time. Tree House will incur no liability for any such cancellation.
- Third-party fundraising events must be fully executed by the third-party fundraiser(s). Tree House staff are available to provide fundraising coaching and recommendations during your planning process. However, due to limited staff resources, Tree House staff cannot plan or promote third-party fundraising events.
- Third-party fundraising events must be financially self-sustaining without contribution or financial risk from Tree House. Tree House will only accept the net proceeds from a third-party fundraising event. All third-party fundraising event expenses are the responsibility of the third-party fundraiser and must be paid before the proceeds are given to Tree House. Refunds or reimbursements will not be available after the donation is made to Tree House.
- Third-party fundraisers must fully and truthfully state the portion of the proceeds which will be donated to Tree House in all advertising, promotions and in all contact with donors, sponsors and participants.
- The third-party fundraiser is responsible for all vendor agreements, contracts, insurance and necessary permits for the event. Tree House will not assume liability for a third-party event.
Marketing and Promotions Guidelines
- Tree House is not a sponsor of third-party fundraising events and should be listed as a “beneficiary” on all promotional materials.
- Third-party event fundraisers are authorized to use only the currently approved Tree House logo and other marketing materials, available from the Marketing Manager or the Development Director.
- The third-party fundraiser is responsible for all marketing, including writing and distributing press releases, PSA’s, social media postings, invitations, ads, etc. Tree House requests that all marketing be approved in advance by the Marketing Manager or the Development Director.
Charitable Giving Guidelines
- Unless your organization is a registered non-profit entity, donations made to it are not tax deductible.
- Donations made directly to a third-party event can be used to cover the event’s expenses, but are not tax-deductible.
- A donation solicited on behalf of Tree House is fully tax deductible only when it is made directly and entirely to Tree House, as we are the only agents who can verify that such a gift was made, and the nature of the gift, to the IRS. Donors wishing to receive a tax acknowledgment letter should provide their donation via check or online.
Questions? 773-262-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.