Adoption hours are subject to change. The following reflect updates as of January 2024.
We are open for adoptions from 12 to 6 p.m., Wednesday through Sunday, by appointment only.
If you’re interested in adopting one of our Foster cats (their location will be listed as Foster Home), please contact email@example.com.
New appointment slots for the following week are now available every Wednesday.
If you can’t find an adoption appointment right now, don’t worry! Cancellations are common, so keep checking back or call us to see if there are any available slots.
Need to change your appointment? Just let us know and we’ll reschedule it for you. This way, someone else can fill your spot and find their new family member!
In order to ensure equity and to prioritize the health and safety of all of our resident cats, we do not place advance holds on any Tree House cats. We understand how easy it is to fall in love with a cat from our site or social media feeds, and how difficult it is to hear that cat has gone home to another family. If you and your family are planning on adopting, we encourage you to make an adoption appointment as soon as you can!
Adoption Process and Requirements
Requirements to Adopt from Tree House
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Provide a valid ID with current address (if address is not current, provide other proof of residency)
- Children under 12 years old are recommended to be present for adoption to help find the best match
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Age-appropriate vaccinations
- Temporary carrier*
- Starter cat food
- Ongoing support
- Complimentary wellness exam at a participating VCA Animal Hospital. This exam must be scheduled and completed within 14 working days of adoption.
- Protect your new family member with 30 days of complimentary coverage from Metlife Pet Insurance. Call 855-710-7387 for more information.
*We encourage adopters to bring their own carrier to their appointment, or one can be purchased at Tree House.
- Adult Cat: $115
- Kitten (under 6 months): $165
- Pair of Kittens: $250
- Pair of Adult Cats: $175
Veterans with proper identification are allowed one free adoption per person every two years. Public Act 103-0434 (HB 2500)
Bring your own carrier to receive $5 off your adoption fee (one cat per carrier). Or, purchase a carrier from Tree House and receive $5 off your adoption fee.
50% off adoption fees for senior citizens (65+) adopting a senior cat (9+)!
Tree House is committed to our cats (and their adopters) for their lifetime. If you adopt a Tree House cat and discover it is not a good fit, or if you have an emergency, or your circumstances change, we are here to help. Throughout the life of your pet, we will work to help you find solutions, even if that means your cat needs to return to Tree House.
Tips for Taking Home Your New, Furry Friend
Before taking your cat home, it is best to have the following in place:
- A local veterinarian for on-going cat care
- Cat food, treats, food and water bowls
- Litter box, litter, and litter scoop
- Cat bed
- Cat toys, trees, scratcher
- Any medications, vitamins, or supplements the cat may need
Tree House has Kitty Care Packages available for purchase on-site!
Each one is $75, and all proceeds go towards helping more cats find homes.