Our hours are subject to change.
The following reflect updates as of November, 2022.
We are open for adoptions from 12pm – 6pm, Tuesday – Sunday, by appointment only.
If you’re interested in adopting one of our Foster cats, please reach out to email@example.com or visit this page.
NEW appointments released weekly
We’re revising our adoption process to meet demand and place more cats in forever homes. To ensure you have the best chance of meeting a cat you are interested in, we will be opening up new availability each Monday for the following week’s worth of appointments.
In order to ensure equity and to prioritize the health and safety of all of our resident cats, we do not place advance holds on any Tree House cats. We understand how easy it is to fall in love with a cat from our site or social media feeds, and how difficult it is to hear that cat has gone home to another family. If you and your family are planning on adopting, we encourage you to make an adoption appointment as soon as you can!
Tree House is closed on the following holidays:
Memorial Day 5/30, Independence Day 7/4, Labor Day 9/5, Thanksgiving Day 11/24, Christmas Eve 12/24, Christmas Day 12/25, New Year’s Eve 12/31, New Year’s Day 1/1
Location: 7225 N. Western Ave., just north of Touhy
Parking: Visitor parking is available in our on-site lot. Ample street parking is also available near the shelter
Public transportation: CTA 49B bus (north and southbound) stops at the corner of Western and Touhy – steps from our shelter
Adoption Process and Requirements
Requirements to Adopt from Tree House
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Provide a valid ID with current address (if address is not current, provide other proof of residency)
- Children under 12 years old are recommended to meet the cat and be present for adoption to help find the best match
Adopter’s Cat Receives
- Microchip (in case your cat is ever lost)
- Veterinary Exam
- Vaccinations (age-appropriate)
- Spay or Neuter Surgery (as needed)
- Temporary Carrier (to Take Your Cat Home)
- Free Beginner’s Bag of Merrick Cat Food
- Coupon for Smart Cat litter
- Senior Cats (more than 9 years old): $75
- Adult Cats: $100
- Kittens (less than 6 months old): $150
- Kitten Pair: $225 (save $75 on two)
- Kitten Trio: $350 (save $100 on three)
Tree House is committed to our cats (and their adopters) for their lifetime. If you adopt a Tree House cat and discover it is not a good fit, or if you have an emergency, or your circumstances change, we are here to help. Throughout the life of your pet, we will work to help you find solutions, even if that means your cat needs to return to Tree House.
Tips for Taking Home Your New, Furry Friend
Before taking your cat home, it is best to have the following in place:
- A local veterinarian for on-going cat care
- A litter box, litter, and litter scoop
- Wet and/or dry food as advised by the Tree House clinic
- Any medications the cat may need
- A bed for the cat
- A toy or two
Tree House has pre-packaged Kitty Care Packages available for purchase on site! Each one is $75 and all proceeds go towards helping more cats find homes.