IMPORTANT: Joint Statement Regarding COVID-19
Friends of Tree House and All Animals,
Please see below for a joint statement from The Chicagoland Lifesaving Coalition, of which Tree House is a part, regarding preparing yourselves & your animals during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as details on our community response.
In these unprecedented and uncertain times, our organizations come together to share important information about COVID-19 with our communities.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) states there is no evidence that companion animals or pets such as cats and dogs have been infected or could spread the virus that causes COVID-19.
- It is imperative that guardians of companion pets make plans for their care in the event of any emergency. The following recommendations will help in times of emergency:
- Identify a trusted family member or friend to care for your pets if someone in your household becomes ill or is hospitalized.
- Research potential facilities in case boarding your pet becomes necessary.
- Have crates, food and extra supplies for your pet available in case it is necessary to move them or if it becomes necessary to reduce exposure.
- All animal vaccines should be up to date in the event boarding becomes necessary.
- Ensure all medications are documented with dosages and administering instructions. Including the prescription from the prescribing veterinarian is also helpful.
- Pets should have identification including a collar with current identification tags and a registered犀利士
- 3. Currently, all of our organizations remain open although we have canceled many events. We are all following public health recommendations for disinfecting public areas regularly throughout the day and ensuring that our staff, volunteers and animals are healthy.
At this time, we do not know what the next few weeks may bring although we are all actively working to get as many shelter pets into good homes as possible. Please consider adopting or signing up to foster with any of our organizations.
As trusted partners in animal care, we will continue to keep you updated through our websites and social media.